Discord stores billions of messages in blog posts, allowing users to store their memories forever. And like other apps, Discord does not allow users to delete their history in bulk.
However, if you want to try it, don’t worry because there are some tips to help you reach this limit. Unfortunately, they do not qualify.
While there is no official way to delete messages, these other options are not enough, but we will be happy with them until Discord gets an official way.
You have the option to quickly and easily delete a message on the Discord platform, but there may be times when someone takes a screenshot of an unwanted message.
There is no way to delete your messages from the server or stream them permanently. You can delete messages individually. So the best way to avoid saying goodbye is to take a moment to think about your own words.
With that in mind, here’s how to quickly delete messages from Discord (one by one)
Types of Discord Messages
Before proceeding, it is important to remember that you will see two types of messages in Discord:
Direct messages and channel messages on servers.
Here is the difference between them:
- Direct messages: These messages are shared and stored between two users
- Channel Messages: These messages are sent to a stream or group.
Both of these types of messages conform to different rules and practices. During the first days of the Discord, users could delete public messages.
This feature has changed quickly because of conflicts in the database. Since then, the app has applied some rules regarding deleting messages.
Delete Messages on the computer screen
When you use Discord on your desktop, this section discusses steps you can take to remove unwanted messages.
Remember, however, that Discord does not allow you to delete certain messages. If you do not want to share messages with a friend, remove the copy from the conversation, and it will be temporarily deleted from your chat, even if it appears in the recipient’s conversation. So when the recipient contacts you again, it will display messages.
- Click the ‘Message’ option on the left, then select the ‘Direct Message’ option on the left
- Select the message you want to delete and click on the details to click on the Delete option, then will eventually delete the message you sent.
Delete Discord Direct messages on a mobile device
Deleting messages from the Discord app for Android and iOS:
- Open the Discord app and sign in.
- Find the message you want to delete.
- Click longer on the message.
- Select “Delete”.
- Tap “Delete” again to confirm your decision.
Delete channel messages (Desktop)
This is an easy way to delete a message from Discord.
- Select the message you want to remove
- Hover over the messages you want to delete
- A three-dot icon appears to the right of the message
- Click on the icon, and a popup menu will appear
- Select ‘Delete’ from the popup menu.
- You will be asked for confirmation to delete the message
- Select the confirmation and click the “Delete” button.
Will delete your message.
Delete Mass Messages (Discord Chat Bot)
Discord can monitor all bots. Buses run Discord API protocol and download API applications, performing many automated tasks such as deleting messages.
Discord API Supports POST requests, allowing bots to send instant messages. Too many messages can now be inserted and discarded.
My favorite bot is MEE6.
Here are some tips you can use to end your conversation.
Go to the official MEE6 website and click the Add to Discord button
You will be asked to enter your MEE6 Bot username and see your server.
Locate the server you want to connect to and configure MEE6 to connect to the Discord server.
Click Authorize, and the boot will connect to your nearest Discord server.
To clear a conversation, you first need to use the moderator plugin.
Under plugins, first, click on the Moderator option and then click Yes.
Now go to the site on your Discord to delete all messages sent by the user you specified with “! Clear @Username”
Deleting your last 400 messages on your website “! Clear 400.”
Can change four hundred with any choice you make. MEE6 is unable to delete the messages after two weeks.
You still can delete the message, but there is no way to tell if someone else took a screenshot before you started deleting it. Everything is fixed online. Therefore, as a direct link, it is best to take the time to think about what you wrote before posting to avoid regrets.
- What are judicial auction and bankruptcies? - May 3, 2021
- Given Up the Best Professionals for Carpeting Restoration in Brisbane - April 30, 2021
- Competent Plumbing Professional in Dundas is Important for Pipes Issues - April 26, 2021